Sunday, November 30, 2008

No need for AA...

Since my last two posts have involved the consumption (or overconsumption) of booze, I figured I would post something to prove I am not an alchy, (alci? alki? alky?) I do spend the majority of my time sober.

Thursday, I cooked my first Thanksgiving dinner. Nothing was harmed in the making of said supper! (Unless you count my arms. Who knew basalmic vinegar and oil explodes when you put it on medium heat? Oh? Just me then. No burns, but damn that hurt.)

The success of the dinner was due, in large part, to my putting the turkey off onto Matt. I didn't trust myself that much. I must say, I was impressed with the result. He used some jalepeno injectable marinade, and it was quite tasty.

I flexed my domestic muscles by making my apple pie: oh yes, homemade crust AND crumble topping. Amazing? Me? Of course.

Anyway, last night I went to Barnes & Noble, aka, my crackhouse. They have these really cool collectors editions of works out for $19.96 out right now. They're all hardcover and old-school fabulous looking with gold edged pages. So of course I could no longer put off purchasing Wicked when it was sitting in front of me in such a pretty package.

And! The pretty one included the sequel, for only three dollars more than the regular version of just wicked. Great deal, yes?

I have also discovered another form of crack, and that is etsy.com

Seriously, that website has some of the coolest, most unique gifts ever. I've already done the majority of my Christmas shopping through it.

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com